Wednesday 24 September 2014

Initial Primary Target Audience Research

I created a Survey Monkey survey to get some initial research on music video genre and focusing into pop genre. I posted the link to my survey on Facebook so I could get a range of age and genders to answer it due to the fact I have friends aged 13 to 66 on Facebook. This was very effective as I got 20 answers straight away, which was a big enough sample for the initial research.


First of all I asked age and gender as I would be able to get a rough idea of who are answering the questions and our potential target audience. 


I have a varied age range, this would be could as the taste in music changes a lot with age and would be interesting to see what they though about pop videos and music videos in general.




















This question, asking about the genre choices is again to get a rough idea of who this research group is and whether the answers to the other questions would be viable.

This is quite lucky that the majority of my research sample like listening to pop and R&B music as these are the genres we considered an pop is our chosen genre for our music video.




















I gave my audience many feature of a typical pop video to choose and see how important they are to the music video. This would give me an indication as to what the audience like to see in music videos on a whole and what we could include in ours.

It seems that the artists performance and singing is a very important factor and also a connection with between the artist and audience. We will be sure to get a good performance from the artist, I believe this is vital for a pop music video.













In my research I also found that the camera and editing is also important to the audience so we need to ensure we take extra care when filming and editing our music video.




























I worded question 5 as 'out of choice' to be more accurate with my results as most people probably listen to pop music every day, either on the radio or TV. But this doesn't necessarily mean that the audience enjoys or chooses to listen to pop music.

This audience do often listen to pop music and enjoy it so will make this research more accurate and give us a realistic idea about pop videos. However some of the audience never listen to pop music so some answers could be going in the completely wrong direction.


I asked this question in my survey so I could get a better idea of what our music videos going to look like and start planning colour schemes etc.

The majority answer to this is multi colours so our music video will be quite bright and colourful with the audience research in mind.






















I the asked about the favourite excising videos to see what stood out. However, there weren't a lot of responses to this. This could be because that there are so many to choose from or that pop videos aren't the type you would search and look up, but perhaps just watch on the TV or if shared on Facebook.




















In order to understand why we are making this music video and the aim of it I asked what the audience feel the purpose of a music video is. 

It seems that there are many main purposes but mainly for entertainment so we will aim to make our music video entertaining to the viewers as well as promoting the artist and connecting the audience with them.








No comments:

Post a Comment